Have heard about a quote that “a picture says thousands of words”? You may have heard this before. A picture captures moments that can be described in words latter.
But if the picture is a blur and not visible? Then you might be missing that moment later when you see it after clicking. If you noticed at that moment, then you might click another one. But if you mark it after a few hours or days, then there is no way to retake that moment. Then you just have to regret only.
No matter how skilled you are in photography, you must have taken a blurred image in your life. It is obvious and everyone does this also.
Methods to unblur images
Now you might be thinking that how to unblur an image?
Well, you can do it in various ways. Most of the methods require a computer. I also show you some methods that you can use on your iPhone and Android.
1. Unblur images with Photoshop
Photoshop is the most famous photo editing app in the world and this helps you to unblur image.
There are three ways to do this using Photoshop.
- Open Photoshop on your desktop/laptop
- Click on Filter > sharpen > Shake Reduction
- It will take time to unblur the image. Wait until the process completed.
- Open the image in Photoshop Elements
- Click on the Filters menu and then click on Enhance
- Click on Unsharp Mark
- Change the amount and radius until the image is visible
- Open Photoshop on your desktop/laptop
- Select Layer > Duplicate Layer from the top Menu Bar to open the Duplicate Layer dialog box.
- Duplicate the background layer
- Click on Filter > Other > High Pass and adjust it to 10 -12%
- Adjust the blend mode to hard light
- Adjust the opacity of the image until the photo isn’t blurry
Try the above 3 methods and you will see some difference. Stick to the method that best fits and makes the image clear.
If you have not installed Photoshop on your desktop/laptop, then you can use the below methods.
2. Unblur images with Lunapic
Lunapic is one of the best online photo editor websites. It features hundreds of features and you can get the job done.
- Visit Lunapic website
- Hover your mouse over Adjust > Sharpen
- Click on Choose File and select the image you want to unblur.
- Adjust the slider until the image is visibly clear. Slide towards sharper to get a clear photo.
This is a free tool and you can check the result here.
3. Unblur images with PineTools
PineTools is another free online photo editing app. You can use it to sharpen your image.
- Visit PineTools website
- Then click on choose file and select the photo you want to sharpen.
- Adjust the Sharpen strength slider by dragging the button.
- Then click on the Sharpen
4. Unblur images using GIMP
GIMP is an open-source photo editing application available for various OS like Linux, Windows, etc.
If you don’t have the tool, you can download it from its official website.
One of the main tools is the “Blur/Sharpener” tool this is our necessity here.
- Open the picture you want to sharpen in the GIMP tool.
- Find the blue shape resembling a raindrop icon in the lower corner of the toolbar
- The select sharpen to clear the image. It will activate the sharpen mode.
- Now your mouse crosser will act as an eraser to remove the blur portions. Drag your mouse over the areas you want to unblur.
5. Using Raw.pics
One of the most common issues during a photoshoot is the blur issue. You can use Raw.pics online tool to unblur it.
- Visit Raw.pics website
- Click on the blue Start button present in the middle of the screen.
- Drag and drop your file here. You can also upload your photo here.
- After dropping your image, click on the Edit
- Choose on the Sharpen option present on the right side menu.
The above methods are useful if you have a desktop/laptop. But if you have not, then you can use the following method on your smartphone.
6. Using Google Snapseed (Android & iPhone)
If you are using an Android or iOS smartphone, you can download the Snapseed app on it.
- Open Snapseed app
- Upload the blurry image on the app.
- Select Details
- Select Sharpen then unblur
- After unblurring the image, chose Structure > show more detail
This app helps you unblur an image and Structure feature to add more details.
So these are some of the methods you can use to unblur an image. If you have a desktop/laptop then you can use Photoshop or GIMP. You can also use online photo editors to clear an image. The Snapseed app also helps you do this task in smartphones.