Username is important in social media platforms like TikTok. Do you want to change the TikTok username? Then you are in the right place.
It takes a few seconds to change the existing username and the process is very simple as well.
Can I change my username on TikTok?
Many people have the same doubt as various social media platforms won’t allow changing the username.
Luckily TikTok allows you to change the username. If you have an awesome username idea and want to have it then you can.
One good thing about username is, you can make your name creative. Unlike the real name, you have the independence to combine some words, phrases, numbers, etc and make it unique.
How to change my username on TikTok?
Follow the below steps to change the username on TikTok.
- Open your TikTok app, log into your account, if you have not.
- Select Edit Profile from your profile page
- Select your username to edit
- Select your existing username
- Delete your current username by pressing backspace, and then type your new username
- Then tap on Save
Then TikTok will check through their database of billions of existing usernames. If it finds your username is unused and available, then you can keep your new name.
If somebody already used the username, TikTok will prompt a notification saying the username has already taken. So you will have to enter another username. You can check our massive list of TikTok username ideas and have one of them.
TikTok has defined a rule on the username. You can’t change your username within 30 days once you have done this. So make sure that you don’t make any unfortunate typo or quick choice at the time of entering a new name. Because you would have to stuck with your choice for the next 30 days.
Basic rules for any username
You can follow some rules at the time of choosing a username. You can use this rule on any platform including TikTok.
- Don’t use your primary email address as a username. You can use it to create your account or log in. But don’t use it intentionally for username purposes.
- Don’t give your full name, phone number, or address as a username or a combination. You may include your city or state, but don’t go more granular than that.
- If you want to use your profile for branding purposes, then don’t change it frequently or never. The username creates brand awareness and people use it in the hashtag.
- Don’t use a username full of numbers and special characters. This creates confusion and hard to understand.
- Don’t use filthy language and offensive words on your username. TikTok is a public platform and dedicated to a young audience, and anybody can see your username. This rule applies to all other platforms as well. So be humble and don’t express your aggression on the username.
This is how you can change the TikTok username. It takes a few seconds to change but a whole lot longer to come up with a good username. Although you can change it after 30 days, don’t make it a habit.