For hundreds of years, we are using strategy in various sectors. Our ancients made strategies to keep himself alive in the stone ages. If you turn the history you can find more example of strategy where the big battles are won only for good strategy. Nowadays people also love that and searching for some best Android strategy games.
We are also have been using strategy long before. The strategy is among the oldest game types in human civilization. It uses in old games like chess, board games, or even some card games. We have been playing strategy games since long before there was ever a computer or the internet.
So the history of strategy games is too old. Whatever may the game be but the only motive is to beat your opponents using your brain. It’s a fantastic way to test yourself to see how creative you can be.
The days of chess or board games may be over but the creaze of strategy games now slow down. Although the medium has changed, means we are in a digital era and can access the games right from our mobiles.
Android Play Store contains thousands of strategy games. The resign behind playing strategy games may vary from person to person but the motive may same. It gives pleasure to us.
The strategy games range from war games to puzzle games. The choices are wide. But here is some best Android strategy games you may love.
If you love strategy games, then this is a golden list for you. You may have played some of the games on this list before. If not like this type of games, then it’s ok. Everyone not having the same choice.
List of strategy games for Android
1 – Autumn Dynasty
Autumn Dynasty is user-friendly too and you can build building train your units etc. You can play this game in real-time with your friends also.
- Full Real-Time Strategy(RTS) experience: train units, construct buildings, research upgrades
- Intuitive gesture controls: Paint orders directly onto the battle map
- Beautiful, oriental style painted maps: Thousands of soldiers fighting onscreen
- Unlock unique special abilities to turn the tide of battle
- Grand story campaign, AI Skirmish mode and instant action Blitz Mode
- 4 AI difficulties to challenge
- No in-app purchases
This strategy game has 4.3 rating and over 10k downloads. This costs nearly $5.
2 – Hearthstone
Hearthstone is a free, turn-based card game. Collect powerful cards and create mighty decks. You can experience the magic, mischief, and mayhem with your friends.
- Battle iconic heroes from the Warcraft universe, the Lich King, Illidan, Thrall… They’re all here!
- Competitive real-time (player vs. player) combat
- Win, craft, or collect powerful cards
- Assemble powerful decks and dominate your opponents
- Rich single-player missions
Hearthstone is also available in multiple languages like English, Francais, Deutsch, etc. This app available in the free version and also offers in-app purchase.
This is one of the best turn-based strategy games Android. Hearthstone game has 4.4 rating and 10 million downloads on Play Store.
3 – Star Command
Do you love Sci-fi movies? If yes then this game is for you. You can dig your creativity with this game.
In Star Command, players you can take command of a spaceship that seems like it could have been pulled out of a Star Trek movie. Manage each of your ships roles, focusing on science skills, tactical combat, and ship engineering.
Also, read – Best rooting apps for Android
The battles are of different types. Battles rage between ships with different mini-games for each weapon system, or against boarding parties, where you need to move crew members into position, put out fires.
- Premium game – no in-app purchase roadblocks
- HD support for retina pixel goodness
- Build a ship in your own image
- Over 10 alien species to discover
- Focus on tactical, science or engineering
- Amazing soundtrack intensifies the action and exploration
- Level your crew members up and earn new skills
- Four distinct ship hulls to choose from
Star Command game has 4.2 rating and over 100 thousand downloads in Play Store. The game is only available in the paid version. The game will cost around $3.
4 – Clash of Clans
Clash of Clans is the most famous and best strategy game for Android of all time.
Also, read – How to download video from Facebook to computer
Just enter the world of Clash and fire-wielding Wizards, Mustachioed Barbarians, and other unique troops are waiting for you.
- Join a Clan of fellow players or start your own and invite friends.
- Train unique troops with multiple levels of upgrades.
- Fight in Clan Wars as a team against other players across the globe.
- Journey to the Builder Base and discover new buildings and characters in a mysterious world.
- Friendly Challenges, Friendly Wars, and special events.
- Defend your village with a multitude of cannons, bombs, traps, mortars, and walls.
- Fight against the Goblin King in a campaign through the realm.
- Plan unique battle strategies with countless combinations of spells, troops, and Heroes!
Clash of Clans is free to download. However, you can upgrade some game items at the cost of money. To play this game you have to have an internet connection.
Clash of Clans has 4.6 ratings and over 100 million downloads on Play Store.
5 – Epic Defense – the Elements
Epic Defense – the Elements is also a bi famous strategy game. It is based on an ancient and remote world. It is a chaotic era before the disappearance of ancient magic power.
You need to put strategy to defeat the enemy force. The game consists of 21 well designed amazing levels.
- The amazing storyline with 21 well-designed
- Eye-catching graphic design specially made for Android
- 2 different modes and 3 difficulty levels.
- The RPG-like upgrading system makes the game more challenging.
- Easy to operate: drag to build towers, and slide to pick up gems.
- Enjoy super HD maps and smooth running pictures at the same time.
- The creative gameplay method and the innovative gem integration system will bring you a brand new Tower Defense game experience!
- Supports the latest intel x86 tablet/phones.
This game is available in multiple languages. Epic Defense – the Elements is available for free. It also provides in-app purchases.
Epic Defense – the Elements has 4.3 rating and over 1 million downloads.
6 – Clash Royale
Clash Royale is also famous and one of the best strategies games for Android. This is also made from the same game maker as Clash of Clans.
In Clash Royale, players are ranked by their number of crown points. Players level up by gaining Experience (or King Level) points through donating cards. The highest possible level you can reach is level 13.
It is also the best turn-based strategy games for Android. You can wait for your turn and will get a chance to dominate your competitors. This way you can craft your skill of strategy and use it to against the competitor.
Trophies are won or lost through multiplayer battles, a player wins a battle by destroying more towers than the opponent (each destroyed tower being represented as a ‘crown’), or by destroying the opponent’s King’s Tower, resulting in an automatic “three-crown” victory (unless the King’s Tower was destroyed at the same time by both players, resulting in a draw).
- Duel players from around the world in real-time and take their Trophies
- Earn chests to unlock rewards, collect powerful new cards and upgrade existing ones
- Destroy opponent’s towers and win Crowns to earn epic Crown chests
- Build and upgrade your card collection with the Clash Royale Family along with dozens of your favorite Clash troops, spells and defenses
- Construct your ultimate Battle Deck to defeat your opponents
- Progress through multiple Arenas all the way to the top
- Form a Clan to share cards and build your very own battle community
- Challenge your Clanmates and friends to a private duel
- Learn different battle tactics by watching the best duels on TV Royale
Clash Royale has 4.6 rating and over 100 million downloads on Play store. This game is available for completely free and you can buy some more extra features.
7 – Battle for the Galaxy
The battle for the Galaxy by AMT Games Publishing Limited is also a well-known name in this category.
The battle for the Galaxy is an exciting mixture of tower defense, strategy, and dynamic battles. You can create a powerful army and join the corporation. You can also attack enemies to earn glory and valuable resources.
- Free online strategy game
- PvP with elements of tower defense
- Outstanding art and visuals
- 20+ buildings to construct and upgrade to turn the just-survived base into a mighty planetary fortress
- Recruit an army of Space marines, Rocket troopers, giant mechs, Battlecruisers, and a lot of other units ready to fight for you
- Create Corporations with other players and unite to prevail against the others
- Participate in every imaginable kind of wars and get great prizes: win the Leagues, Tournaments, duels, and Raids!
- Complete daily challenges to earn awesome rewards, login daily and collect valuable bonuses.
- Never get bored again because we’re working our best to update the game making it more exciting to play!
The battle for the Galaxy has 4.3 rating and over 10 million downloads on play store. This is available for free. You can purchase some extra item in this game.
8 – Throne Rush
Throne Rush is one of the best modern examples of a high-quality successful MMORPG project. In this game, you can feel the power of the user interface.
The game levels are well-designed and nice looking. You have to apply strategy to defeat the enemies.
- Huge MMORPG fantasy world divided into unique continents – to discover and slay;
- An impressive number of buildings and resources. – Build, fortify, protect!
- 18 mighty mercenaries – to crank up until the whole your squad is invincible;
- RTS component to develop an economy of your Empire to a level beyond attainment. There are no limits!
- Exiting every day – You’ll never get bored here!
- A great variety of clans, guilds, and strategies alliances. – Join the mightiest one or form yours and lead it to the TOP. Declare war on those who are not with you.
- PvP fights with no mercy. – Crush your enemies, crush everything in your path, or somebody else will!
- Epic campaigns against Bosses. – Are you able to finish all the monsters of this world?
- Absolutely unique regular thematic events, heroes, and artifacts;
- Special heroes with special abilities (archer and swordsman mage are among them) – to grab and collect;
- Priceless help from your friends;
- Beautiful graphics! – as a bonus.
Throne Rush has 4.4 ratings and over 10 million downloads on Play Store. This game is free. You can also upgrade some powers by giving them some money.
9 – Greed for Glory: War Strategy
Greed for Glory: War Strategy is a unique type of strategy game. Greed for Glory is a brilliant city defense type of game that combines building with strategy in a colorful medieval fantasy world.
- Free to Play!
- Kingdom vs Kingdom Battle! Join a kingdom with your friends and go to war
- The battle against players, or advance through 96 campaigns
- Prove your kingdom’s glory by climbing the rankings
- Turn your small village into a massive impenetrable fortress
- Progress your empire through eleven technological ages
- Construct and upgrade towers, gold mines, iron quarries, wall mazes, and trebuchets
- Recruit Elves, Knights, Dragons, and other creatures to battle in catastrophic crusades
- Employ countless strategies of defensive and offensive tactics to surpass your rivals
Greed for Glory has 4.4 rating and over 1 million downloads. This game is available for free. This also offers an in-app purchase option.
10 – Boom Beach
Any list of best Android strategy games is incomplete without this game. Boom Beach also belongs to the same family as Clash of Clans and Clash Royale.
Fight the evil Blackguard with brains and brawn in this epic combat strategy game. You can attack enemy bases to free enslaved islanders and unlock the secrets of this tropical paradise.
- Play with millions of other players, raid hundreds of enemy bases for loot
- The battle for control of precious resources to upgrade your base against enemy attacks
- Explore a huge tropical archipelago and discover the mysterious power of the Life Crystals
- Face fearsome Blackguard Bosses and uncover their evil plans
- Join other players to form an unstoppable Task Force to take on co-op missions
Boom Beach has 4.5 rating and over 50 million downloads on Play store. The game is available for free with in-app purchases.
Oh, after a huge discussion on the best Android strategy games, we are finally on the conclusion. I am sure that you have played some of the games on the list if you like strategy games.
The number in this list does not represent the quality of the game. It is just for ordering purposes.
This list contains some of the well-known games which can test your strategy power. You can figure out your reach. You can play these games to burn your time or just to improve your brainpower.
If you love this type of games, then you have to definitely try some of the games.
Share to the rest of the world and let other people know. Which game you like the most, leave a comment below and let me know.
Do you love to play strategy games? Here is a recommended list of best Android strategy games you can play and sharpen your mind.